Wednesday, January 21, 2015

IPSY January 2015

What's in 
the bag?

Ipsy is a monthly subscription bag that ships for $10.  It always includes a little makeup bag and 4-5 makeup, hair, or skin products.  It used to contain more makeup than anything but here lately it's been about half and half.  I count it a good bag for makeup when I get 3 makeup items.  

The theme this month is Fresh Start:


The bag was kind of plain this month - white on one side and blue on the other:




 Manna Kadar Sheer Glo -  (full size $29)  This is a highlighter to get a shimmery glow.  I am not thrilled with the ingredients here since it has parabens.  I will probably pass this on to my sister.  I looked on their website and it does not look like you can purchase this size tube unless it is in a package.


Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow - (~$5)  You cannot buy these as singles but as a part of a set.  I really like this and love the fact that these are natural products.  It is a shade I would have purchased for myself.


Malin + Goetz -Mojito lip balm -   ($8)  I have tried several items from this brand through Birchbox, and I have loved them.   They are also a natural based company who does not believe in putting chemicals in their products like parabens and sulfates.


Hikari Eye Liner in Storm -  ($13)  I rarely wear eye liner so I will pass this on to my sister but I like this brand.  




LA Fresh Eco-Beauty  Moisturizer -   ($13.99)  I really like the fact that this sample has a spout on it - much better than the normal foil packets that you use once and have to just toss because it does not stay in one place.  I love moisturizers and am excited to try a new one.



 There was a nice value in this month's bag but there are only about 3 of the items that I will be using.  I do like that there are 3 makeup products in it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment