Friday, April 17, 2015

Birchbox April 2015

What's in
the box?

Birchbox is one of the first boxes I joined when I found out about subscription boxes.  I have been with them over a year and they keep getting better and better.  In the beginning days when I did not get the items I liked, I stayed because of the points system.  Birchbox has an amazing online store that you earn points in by reviewing, sharing, and purchasing items.  

This month's box arrived later than I expected.  But I was happy to see that box in the mail.



The box this month was beautiful - they have been on a design roll with the boxes this year.  All of them have been so pretty.  I do wish I also had the monthly box.  I chose a Mad Men curated box - New York - this month.  It is different from the Birchbox monthly box.


First Look:



Liz Earle Eyebright Soothe Eye Lotion - ($8.33)  This is the reason I chose this box.  I have seen this on the Birchbox site and wanted to try it out.  It is supposed to brighten tired eyes.


Whish Shave Cream (Blueberry)  -  ($2.90)  This is a Birchbox staple item - you will get a shave cream and a lotion from Whish while you are a member of Birchbox.  I really like this cream though.  I do not mind non-lathering lotions;  my Perfectly Posh shave cream does not foam up either and it is perfect.


Beauty Protector - Protect & Oil -  ($2)  This is another Birchbox staple - I have gotten at least 2 of these products in my Birchboxes.  This is for your hair to curb those fly aways and frizzies.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel -   ($6.68)  Truthfully, I would rather this have been a lip gloss from this company.  This has rich botanical conditioners and is for smoothing those brow hairs.  I am trying to convince my husband to try this since his eyebrows are quite unruly. 


Cargo Swimmables Water Resistant Blush in Los Cabos -  ($7.50)  I was also thrilled this came in the New York box because it is so pretty.  It is waterproof and I love the packaging. 


I thought this was a terrific curated box - a great variety of products and ones I have not sampled before.


The Birchbox Bonus items have really been awesome these last few months.   This month I chose Rifle Paper Company cold drink tumbler and notebook.  The print on the tumbler is the same as the regular Birchbox this month.  The set was $20 and they shipped it with my Birchbox.





No comments:

Post a Comment