Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ipsy March 2015

What's in 
the bag?

Ipsy is a fun little subscription bag that comes once a month for $10 and includes 4-5 makeup, skin, or hair samples.  Sometimes the items are full size.  It always comes with a little makeup bag as well. 

The theme this month was Floral Fantasy.  Ipsy does a prequel video before the launch of each bag where models use the products in a fun photo shoot.  



The bag this month is really pretty with its floral and blues.  I usually like the little bag designed each month just for Ipsy and this month was no exception.



Pur~lisse gentle soy-milk  cleanser and makeup remover 4 in 1 - (full size $36) This brand is very popular with subscription boxes.  They must get some kind of great bulk discount on their samples.  Another nice thing about Ipsy is that there is usually a deal by the company to get your full size product at some kind of discount.  



Cool Way Glow Oil Treatment -   (full size $29.95)  This is a hair finishing oil without alcohol, parabens, and sulfates.  Cool Way is a brand I am familiar with because of Birchbox.  This is relatively small so it will go fast with my long thick hair.  




Boo Boo Cover Up -   ($10)  This has also been in past Ipsy bags and the girls in my Facebook group love it!  They do sell these small samples on their website too, which is nice.  You can use this to cover acne, bruises, and tattoos.  




Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo- ( full size palette $12)  This is a very small eye shadow duo.  These are the shades I love though so they will be used.



NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops -  ($6)  I was very pleased by this - it is my favorite thing in this month's bag.  NYX is one of my favorite drugstore brands and I love their butter lipsticks.  I was also pleased to get this shade.  



 This was one of the better months I have had lately from Ipsy.  I did cancel this subscription to down size my boxes to get the types of items I want.  I have a drawer full of sample size makeup products from my year of Ipsy and Birchbox.  Once that goes down, I will resubscribe.  I did notice that this month the items in my bag had a very nice discount with the companies that sold them - up to a 30% discount.  That is a very good reason to join Ipsy.



No comments:

Post a Comment