Saturday, December 20, 2014

Walmart Winter Beauty Box 2014

What's in 

the Box?


I realized I had not reviewed the Walmart beauty box even though I had posted a photo of it on Instagram.  Walmart sends out a quarterly beauty sample box for $5 - which is basically the shipping - this really shows me how much value our Ipsy and Birchbox subscriptions are.  

L'oreal Age Perfect Cell Renewal Day Cream - (full size $24.49)  This came with two samples but I have used one of them.  I love it - the smell - the way my skin feels after - definitely something I see myself buying.  


Pond's Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream -   (full size $8.97)  I am not a huge fan of the Ponds brand but this is a nice sample and I will try it out.  It does not smell bad - I cannot stand a face cream that smells gross.


Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes - ($.80 - full size $4.67) - Another item from the Pond's brand - but I know I will like these.  I love getting cleansing clothes in boxes because I use them and they are handy.  This one did not make my eyes sting or irritate my skin.


Nivea Cocoa Butter - (full size $4.97)  I like the Nivea brand but wish the sample size had been bigger. I am a huge fan of cocoa butter - it is one of my favorites.   There just is not enough in this sample.  It would probably do one arm.  The coupon is to save $1 on any size bottle.  



Aveeno daily Moisturizing lotion - (full size $8.97)I like the Aveeno brand and it is good for people with eczema.  This was a nice size sample too - nice little bottle you can throw in your purse or diaper bag.  I might just stick this in the diaper bag I got for my sister.  


Olay Tone Perfecting Cream - (full size 21.95)  This is a cute little sample and since it only goes on your face, may last awhile.  I love getting moisturizers is boxes - use them twice a day.  This brand is one I believe in too.  


John Freida Volume packets -   (full size $5.47)  I am not a fan of shampoo and conditioner packets mainly because I have a lot of hair and they rarely have enough product to notice if there is any difference.  I like the John Freida brand but I already have hair with tons of volume.  Volume is not my problem - it's frizziness and dryness.  I will pass these on to a friend. 



L'oreal Color Vibrancy Shampoo and Conditioner with an Instant Shock treatment -   (full size $5.97)  I do color my hair so I will try this out but like I said there is not enough to try for several days.  I do like that it comes with a shock treatment sample.  I use a John Freida product right now called Radiant Red color conditioner but I am almost out.  


Many of the boxes also received a lip product but they ran out of those samples so we were given a substitute item.  I do not know which of these was that product.  I should also tell you this is the older box that goes out.  If you are younger, there is a different box that does not focus so much on anti-aging creams.  I would have been a little happier to get a box with a Cover Girl lipstick or lip gloss but this was okay.  I like trying out new stuff in smaller sizes before committing to buy full size and hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment