Sunday, October 12, 2014

Allure Sample Society October 2014

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

Sample Society is a monthy beauty box that comes to your door for $15 a month plus tax.  It also includes a $10 your $50 purchase on beautybar.com, so that helps refund some of the cost of your box if you like coupons!  

The sample society box is a cute, sturdy, red box that you could re-use for lots of things.  



The little magazine that comes with the box is the most detailed information card I have ever seen.  It adds so much to the box.



Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara in Black -  ($16.80)  This is a deluxe size sample of the mascara - very nice.  I have so many mascara tubes that it will be years before I have to buy another one.  This is the value of the box, so I am thrilled.




Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum - ($14.47)  This item caused quite a stir this month when we were told it would not be the full size we were led to believe when they first gave us a sneak peak at it.  I was already subbing this and was not too upset to get the smaller size.  But I understand if the reason you subbed was for this full size serum and then were told it was the small sample size.



L'oreal Total Repair Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner -   ($1.94) I am not that fond of getting shampoo and conditioner in my sub boxes.  I do, however, like it better when it is nice size samples in tubes instead of packets.   I have thick, longer hair and those packets are a tease.   I can also pop these in my travel bag for hotel trips instead of buying small ones from Walmart - so they save me money. 



Emi Jay Hair Ties - ($6.60)  My daughter and I both use these every day with our long hair so getting them in a sub box is perfect.  You lose so many that they constantly need replaced.  I do love these shades too. 



I was missing an item from my box this month - the Bond No. 9 perfume sample was not in my box when I opened it.  Very sad!  I e-mailed Sample Society and they could not send me a new one but are refunding me $3 for the missing sample.  I would have preferred to get the perfume added to a future box but I understand how hard that would be for the company so I will take my refund.  These fragrances looked very fun though so I am still sad I won't be sampling them.   One of the following three was in the box this month:  High Line, Chelsea Flowers or Chinatown.  



All things considered, I was very pleased with my Sample Society box.  There was a value of $43 in my box.  I was considering cancelling this sub, but I think I will hold out through Christmas to see how it goes.


What did you think of the Sample Society box this month?  Are you re-subbing or waiting to see what spoilers come out for November?  

No comments:

Post a Comment