Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Birchbox September 2014

What's In the Box?

Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that ships to your home, box and all, for $10.   If you review those items in their online shop, you can earn points to spend in the shop.  Each review earns 10 points and if you get 100 points, that's $10.  You can only spend them in $10 increments.  For example,  I had 286 points so that was $20 in the store with 86 points left to keep building on.

Birchbox did their amazing choice feature again this month!  There were three items you could choose from to add to your box while they picked out the rest or you could pick the Fashionista box - and they told you what would be inside that one as well.  I think I should have picked the Shisedo facial cream and let BB pick the rest of my box.  I really did not realize from the description how much of this box I have already gotten in past boxes.


September is their Anniversary month so the boxes were decorated special!  Mine is very cute and I will find another use for it.  They are sturdy little boxes.



Again, I picked the Fashionista box because I thought it would contain more makeup than what they would put together for me.

First look: 



Naobay Body Radiance Lotion - (full size $24) I have received this in a past box but it is a very nice lotion.  I love lotions and use them year round so this will not go to waste.


Macadamia Professional Flawless Cleansing Conditioner -  ($15-$33)  This was the item I was the most curious about in this month's box.  I have seen the stuff around and wanted to try it out.  It is for your hair and you use it in place of shampoo and conditioner. 


Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara -   (full size $24) I did not used to be a mascara crazed person but now that I have tried many different brands, I know there is a difference in the quality.  I am excited to try this brand as I have never purchased anything from it before.



dr brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner -   (full size $45)  I have gotten a few things from this brand before and I really like it.  I also received a goody bag of samples in the mail when I emailed them to try things out.  The lady was very nice and asked about my skin concerns.  I was a little disappointed in this because in the Birchbox sneak peak they acted like we would be getting the whole set.  It said dr brandt clean up nice kit



Cynthia Rowley Beauty Silver Eyeliner - (full size $16)  This was another item I have received in past boxes.  It might not have been BB though.  This is a very nice brand and I love every in it.  



I am very happy with this month's box even if I did have some repeats.  What did you get in your box this month?  Do you want to sign up and have fun with me?  Click here. 



Birchbox is just so amazing!  If that wasn't cool enough, they do Birchbox Plus.  They give you options of things you can add to your box for a price (of course).  This month the choices were a set of nail polishes from Ruffian or a Pura Vida bracelet stack! 


I chose the bracelets since I have tons of nail polish from every subscription box I have every joined.

Pura Vida stacks retail anywhere from $30 to $90.  I added this stack to my box for $24 and loved the stack they chose.  Pura Vida is a company that works with the artisans of Costa Rica to bring beautiful bracelets, bags, and other items back to the US.  I am a huge fan!  And so is Robert Downey Jr.





No comments:

Post a Comment