Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What's Happening? Wednesday!



So I have taken up a new craft/hobby - pocket letters!  This is a variation on pen pals - but you are sending goodies as well as getting to know your pal.  You make them out of a baseball card sleeve with the nine pockets.  I mailed out my first one yesterday to a cousin.  I have decided to just start with two people at first and will build up.  For more ideas, check out Pinterest.


A lot of the goodies I have found so far are from Target's $1 Spot.  Great place for cheap desk items and paper products.  I found some really cute mason jar tags there a few weeks ago.



Another great thing about this hobby is that I have so many scrapbooking items left from when I scrapbooked that it's really just the little goodies I need to purchase.  My theme for my cousin's was items for the hands:  she received hand creme (Perfectly Posh's BFYHC of course), a set of Jamberry nail stickers, and an owl nail file from Thirty One.


I could not decide on a bonus item from Birchbox this month - I really wanted the pineapple bag, the Fouta towel, and the glass water bottle but could not get all three.  I decided not to get any and save the money toward getting another sub box.  I am still trying to decide which book sub box to try.  I really want one that includes awesome goodies with it - paper products or office supplies or book swag.  If you found a good one, let me know. 





There is a new palette from Urban Decay on the horizon - sounds like it will be a smoky palette - they have a Smoked palette but this is more like the original Naked palettes. 


That's what is on my radar this week - what are you starting on?  Any new hobbies?  New sub boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment