Saturday, August 15, 2015

Birchbox August 2015

What's in 
the box?

Birchbox came in so early this month - I think I got it on the 11th.  It has been doing that the last couple months and I am thrilled - there is quite a drought the last week of the month till the boxes start arriving.  

If you have followed my blog, you know I am a fan of BB - mainly because I love getting rewarded for doing reviews and little things like posting on social media sites.  No one else rewards you like BB does - you are earning actual points to turn into cash in their online store.  This online store is fantastic - if you want to save up for a makeup item, have at it!  If you want to just save a little every time you order, that is your choice too!  Love the flexibility!   I have never had points expire - mainly because I love to shop in there and if I can save $10 on my order right then, I do! 

This month's theme was Soak It Up, summer, of course!  The box looks like a cute pool.  It is not my favorite art work for a BB, but it was right on point for the time of year.


 
A nice thing about BB is that they always include an information card.  It addresses every item in the box, the full size value and sometimes a nice tip or bonus about your item. 

 
Dr Jart+ Vital Hydra Solution Deep Hydration Sheet Mask - ($6) I am not a big fan of sheet masks.  I would rather have a mask that you apply - probably because I do not want to lay down to keep the mask on.  I have other stuff to keep doing lol.  I swapped this with a fellow BB subscriber.  I love my Perfectly Posh face masks, I rarely buy any for myself anywhere else.

  
St Tropez Gradual Tan in Shower - (full size $25)  I do not know what BB was thinking when they sent this out to the pale, red haired girl in my profile.  I really look kind of funny with a fake tan.  I do not tan naturally - I go from pasty pale white to lobster red and back to an off white that is not tan.  I passed this on to my swap buddy.

  

Oribe Masque for Beautiful Color -  (full size $59) Looking at this price tag, I will probably never get the full sized one unless I manage to hoard my BB points, so it was nice to get a great size sample.  This smells amazing!  I am waiting to try till after I color but I am excited about it!
  

theBalm cosmetics Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush -  (full size $21)  This is the tiniest sample ever!  Like I think the actual product is the size of a dime - small! I do not know what theBalm has against samples - all their pressed samples are like this - the lip products are a nice sample size.  I will probably put this up on my Pinterest swap board but if I do end up using it, it will be as a blush.  As my swap buddy says, it always looks like I just have a dirty face. I am crazy about the packaging for this brand though - and they do go up on Hautelook once in awhile so you can save money on your addiction there.  Kohl's has this brand in their cosmetics section for anyone who wants to check out in store.
 


Rusk Volumizing Mousse - (full size $18)  I do love the Rusk brand.  

 Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner for Beautiful color - (full size $14-42) This is probably the item I am most excited about trying.  I color my hair as the gray has started appearing so I want to see how this effects it.  I am saving it for right after I color - I am desperately in need of a dye job right now.  Here is the thing about foil packets - I do not mind getting them if they have resealable options.  I could get two uses out of this but I hate having them in the shower to get water in or leak out.  We have gotten some great resealable packets from Ipsy before and I loved that about them!









 So that is my Birchbox for August.  I do think my boxes are getting so much better.  My first two boxes were pretty bad.  I think as you start reviewing stuff and telling them what you like and didn't like, BB does listen to you.  This box had great value for my $10 and I look forward to earning those review points.


What did you get this month?  Did you find any holy grail products?

No comments:

Post a Comment