Friday, May 15, 2015

Birchbox May 2015

What's in
the box?

Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that comes with 5-7 sample size products.  It is $10 a month for this starter box but they have recently added a makeup add on box you can get for $30 a month that contains 2 full size makeup products.  

The best part about Birchbox is their point system.  They have a fantastic store that you can earn points to spend there.  100 points = $10 - you earn points by reviewing the monthly products, sharing your box on social media sites, and just getting a box every month.




The little information card that was included was beautiful.  I loved the colors of the box this month. 


Dr Jart+ Ceramdin Day Tint -  ( full size $48)  This is a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen.  It is very nice.  It goes on smooth and is a nice shade.  The only thing I dislike is that it is too small.  I will barely get a couple days out of it.


Harvey Prince Sea Salt Texturizing Spray -   (full size $22) This might be the smallest sea salt spray I have ever seen.  I used almost half of it just trying it out.  It smells really good too!


Model Co Party Proof  in Dusk Till Dawn -   ($20 for three)  I love the shade they picked for this box.  It is a pretty color that matches my skin tone.  I have another of these that I received in a curated box.  I love lipsticks that smell good too. 


Marcelle Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel - ( full size $24) I tried this right away and it was not greasy at all.  I did not understand the energizing part of it but it is very hydrating.  



English Laundry in Notting Hill -  (full size $90) I did not like this at first but it has grown on me.  There are several of the English Laundry perfumes I would like. 


At first, I was not that crazy about this box, but now I really like it.  I will use up all of these products and might buy the full size in a few of them.   Birchbox also included a discount on a magazine that the curator, Emily Schuman, owns, called Domino.  She gave us a 15% discount in her online store as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment